Manila, Philippines, 21 December 2022 - Chambers Asia Pacific released its 2023 guide recognizing Quisumbing Torres in nine practice areas and nine lawyer rankings.
QT maintained its Band 1 rankings for Corporate/M&A: Real Estate, Employment and Intellectual Property, and received Band 2 rankings for Corporate/M&A, Dispute Resolution: Arbitration and Projects, Infrastructure & Energy. The firm also obtained Band 3 rankings for Banking & Finance, Dispute Resolution and Tax.
In addition, nine of the firm's lawyers are also ranked in six practice areas:
- Ramon Quisumbing (Dispute Resolution and Arbitration)
- Bienvenido Marquez III (Intellectual Property)
- Kenneth Chua (Employment)
- Dennis Quintero (Projects, Infrastructure & Energy)
- Gil Roberto Zerrudo (Employment)
- Maria Christina Macasaet-Acaban (Corporate/M&A)
- Donemark Calimon (Dispute Resolution)
- Eliseo Zuñiga Jr. (Employment)
- Divina Ilas-Panganiban (Intellectual Property)
- Donemark Calimon (Arbitration)
Chambers is often referred to as "the gold standard" because of the breadth and depth of its coverage of the global legal profession. Rankings are based on interviews with clients and peers as well as firm submissions.
Practices and individuals earning a Band 1 ranking are noted by the guide for achieving the highest "technical legal ability, client service, commercial vision and business understanding, diligence, value for money, depth of team, and other qualities most valued by the client."